Hey all, Willa again,
When you live with someone who doesn't cook via a recipe it can be hard to get everything nailed down before you cook. BUT we did our best to narrate the recipe online today and I've copied out for all of you.
The fricazee filled our whole house with the most wonderful, comforting tomato-y smell. I will update with a shot of the finished dish when it's done cooking.
Chicken Fricassee with Meatballs and Kishka
- Heat oil large pot. add onions and cook until translucent. Add celery and garlic. Cook until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, Worcester sauce, hot sauce, ketchup, chicken stock, chicken and bay leaf.
- While this is coming to a simmer make meatballs.
- Combine all ingredients for meatballs in a large bowl and mix until there is even distribution.
- Taste the meatball mixture fried in a skillet and adjust seasoning if needed.
- When you are happy with the taste of the meatball mixture form into 1" balls and add to simmering fricazee pot. (you can cook these in batches by removing cooked meatballs after ~45 minutes)
- Simmer, stirring every now and again, for 45 minutes (or longer if you want). As the chicken cooks more it will fall off the bones which you can then remove.
- Adjust the consistency by adding kishke and season to taste.
- Serve over a slice of warmed kishke
Watch us make fricazee